WHO IS Colton Footwear?
In 1952, Mr Charles Potter opened his shop at 264 High Street, Berkhamsted. In 1974 this business was taken over by his son Raymond, who traded at this location for a further 27 years before opening Colton Footwear at its current premises of 240 High Street, Berkhamsted. In 2003 Richard, a son of Raymond’s, took over the day to day running of Colton Footwear. In 2013 Colton Footwear opened its doors in its second sister store in Chesham, and subsequently in 2015 was granted permission to stock Clarks Children's shoes.
Both of our shops are conveniently located in Berkhamsted and Chesham High Streets, with easy parking nearby and a range of other independent shops and High Street names to peruse on a visit to our towns.